Sunday, August 21, 2005

Mini Vacation Is Over

We are back from our Trip! Woe, Driving by myself w/ the kids was such a challenge! There was screaming and fighting, Macie tried to let herself out while we were going down the interstate, we lost 5 binkies, our DVD player wasn't working too good and our DVDs were all sratched. I will re-think the next time I plan to go solo!

After all that driving drama we had a blast. Kase and Macie had their first ride on a boat and in a tube. It was a blast, Kase kept telling Grandpa Buxton "faster, faster!!" Grandma and I kept saying "slow down," Just saying that makes me feel old! I got to water ski and after one crash I was done. We were on the lake when the sunset and it was so beautiful!

Of course, I got to spend some time with Rob, which was the purpose of the trip! We had a really good talk. He seems alot happier, it is good to have you back Rob!

We also got to see Brookie, it has been a year since our last little visit. I am glad she is still in Utah or I would never see her! The kids got all kinds of excited when she came, they were showing her tricks and talkin' her ear off!

We got to have dinner with Michy too. Kase informed her that "Mom is going to have a baby named Mckai, and when he is big I will get a bunkbed." Michy shot me a dirty look and said "are U pregnant, I had to find out from Kase?" Oh no, Kase has it in his head that he has a Brother waiting to join our family. He talks about him daily, he has told everyone! His Primary class, the YW presidency, people at the store. It makes a good cover up fo my pudginess! Anyway it was so nice to see Michy and Bryce, I am sure we all talked their ears off!

It seems like when we get around people we know we all just talk and talk and talk! Maybe it is the fact that I am alone with the kids from 6 am-9pm everyday, we are kinda sick of each others stories by now! It was soooo good to visit with everyone, it was a great pick me up. At the same time it is making me feel so alone down here. I have such good friendship with Michy and Brookie and it so hard to even come close with anyone else. sigh! I sure miss you guys!

No comments: