Monday, May 28, 2007

We had a great weekend!

With the kids in town I thought it would be fun if we headed over to Moab, Ut and to Arches Nation Park. We were hoping we could leave by 5 or so, get there around midnight, set up camp in the dark and then wake up cook breakfast and be off to enjoy the beautiful park. Yeah didn't really go that way. We left late (surprise, surprise) got there at 1:00 am, drove around to find a camping spot and there weren't any so Justin suggest we just go into town and see if we could find a hotel....


Me:WHAT they have hotels here? Why didn't you tell me that in the first place...
J: Well I thought you wanted to camp...
Me: No I just thought that was our only option!

Seriously if I would have known that, I could have saved $400 in camping equipment!


So a hundred dollars later we found a hotel to "camp" at. Moab is actually a much bigger town then I thought. I was totally surprised. Hum I have lived in Utah more then 15 years and I had no idea!




So hiking was a lot of fun. We hit four different hikes, spent a lot of time together with the kids. Jayce proudly announced that we were going to a super national park. Never new it got to the "super" status but cool! Macie decided that she need to fill her shoes with sand because her feet were hurting and we watch a bunny try to commit suicide (not really we just scared it and he tried to jump off a cliff) The park was sooo beautiful! We will have to go back and do it again!




I have no idea where the captin morgan pose came from but everytime one of us would reach the top of the trail we would hit the pose....so we had to get pictures of it!

3 comments:

Meegan said...

LUH-OVE the new header. THose are some great pictures!!! :)
Been thinking of ya.
Meegan

Tracey Kendall said...

okay...you are making me laugh about the whole camping thing...l would be like that to. looks so beautiful where you went. I love your header...you look awesome in all of these.

JC Photography said...

Looks like a very fun filled weekend!