Sunday, September 25, 2005

I AM A PHOTOGRAPHER

Yes I have come the conclusion that I am a photographer. So why do I down play it when people ask? Is it fear of rejection, fear of ridicule? I am talented, no I might not know every little thing about photography, but I can take pictures and somewhere in my brain I can see what looks good. So how do I change this fear? How do i grow past my insecurities? I am announcing that I am a photographer. That is it, that is who I am. I am a photographer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this post is waaaay old, but I wanted to tell you it is sooo relieving to know that awesome photographers were once hesitant to "announce" they were a photographer. I think your work is amazing, and I love to check out all your newborn sessions. I feel like I'm at that 'hesitant' stage right now.. I know I have a lot more to learn, but I know I can take great pictures too. (and my share of crappy ones LOL).

Anyway, your post kind of made my day. I've been so down about my pictures lately. QUestioning if its "all in my head" and if I'm even decent enough to charge anyone. I've even contemplated taking down my photog site and not taking on anymore clients. I know I need to just push through and get some confidence.