Saturday, November 05, 2005

The beauty of Imperfection

This has been on my mind alot since our trip to rexburg, I feel like i need to get it written down.

A huge struggle in my life is the "internal dialog" (Dr. Phil) I tell to my self. It is so hard for me to give myself complaments, It is much easier to believe the negitive. But mostly the "negitive" stuff that I choose to believe is absolutly ridiculous.
"You are a bad Mom because you let Kase watch 1/2hr too much TV today."
"You are a bad Housewife because the tolets haven't been cleaned this week."
"Your a bad wife, sister, friend...whatever it is I can find a fault. Why cant I just say,

Kellie, OH WELL! house is dirty today, you said something stupid at church, macie hair wasn't done today...SO WHAT. Life will go on and all of this crap you keep telling yourself is just that ...crap. Stop beleiving the Lies, you love your kids, you love your hubby, your family, you work hard, you are talented! You are GOOD enough. You need to love yourself, charish yourself. Why is this so hard? I am creating my own little HELL. I can be good enough, good enough for me. This is a new personal goal, I am going to stop telling myself all the junk and replace it with possitive thoughts! Wish me luck!

No comments: