Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Reasons why I love what I do.

I have always been a people person. I love to be around people, I love their stories, their pain their joys. What is so cool about this job is that I am involved in some pain but mostly alot of joy. I have met some amazing people, with amazing stories.
This little ones family lost twins last year and her birth helped repair the damage of that loss. I talked with the Mom for a long time, and when I got in the car I cried. She had so much strength, and conviction that she would see those twin babies again. I felt very lucky to have been able to capture these moments with her last little baby.
I had one family that had been tring to get pregnant for years with no luck. She is our PEDS nurse, she was great with my kids. She is such a nice person. They finally decided to turn in adoption papers, and a month later they had their little guy...one month!
and this family, their story is by far the most unique. The mom had lost a baby due to a tubal pregnancy, which also destroyed her chances of having another baby completely. But she knew that there was a spirit in heaven waiting for their family. She knew it. They decieded that they were going to adopt and get this...This little guy was born on the due date of the baby she had lost. This babys' birth mom was a hurricane Katrina survior, she floated on a mattress with her 12 year old son. She lost her father and other family members. They walked threw piles of dead bodies. It was terrible. When she found out she was pregnant she knew she couldn't keep this baby, she knew there was a better home for him to live in!
See...this is why I love my job!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Oh, my! I want to steal the little black baby. Can I adopt one too!! I love the hands and contrast of skin tones. Cute! The quality is so good. Love it!

Tina Parker said...

WOW Kellie, these are fabulous!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that 2nd one!!

Also TAG- You're it... I have tagged you, check my blog to see what you need to do ;)

Tina