Friday, February 24, 2006

My Kundalini Yoga Class

Ok first off I have to say I am very anti-chanting, anti-meditaion kind of person. I have always thought that stuff was really weird.
So awhile back I went to this Kundalini Yoga http://www.kundaliniyoga.net/ class thinking it was just a regular yoga type class and it was one of those weird chanting, meditaion classes. Oh Great! I tried to keep an open mind about it, the instructor did all of these breathing exercises and at first I thought what a waste of time. But then she started the mediation part and she put on the most amazing music I have ever heard. She translated the words which made it more beauitful and I sat there feeling more calm and more at peace then I have felt in a long time. What topped it off was I notice she was LDS which also made me feel good about this weird class I had just attended. So I left feeling calm and relaxed but I thought... great that I need to actually work out. Well the next day I was soooo sore, seriously all of my muscles were in PAIN! It was the weirdest thing! So now I try to go back once a week and do that "weird yoga class" because I love it!!!

No comments: