Sunday, March 12, 2006

{Date Night}

Well... all week we have been arguing AGIAN, seriously are marriages this hard???
Anyway I decieded that we needed a night out... maybe that would help. (although I really didn't want to be in the same room as him) we went out to dinner and tried to talk things out, he hates talking and he makes it so miserable on me. I am tellin you he is lucky I am as tolerant of his crap, I really dont think many women now a days would hang in as long as I have! (Not that I dont have a boat load of issue that he has to deal with...I am just saying he's lucky!) We spent the majority of dinner playing the blaming game, getting nowhere because neither of us really want to hear what we are doing wrong. Finally in the truck I said a couple things, I told that there are certian things that HE needed in our realtionship, no need for details here it is all about sex :) ! A year ago we talked that out and I had made some HUGE changes for him because that was what he needed.
Well what I needed was to know that he could get pissed, stressed, whatever...piss and moan but that he would come back to me and talk it out. I need to fix things, I need to be able to say sorry, to express my feelings, and I need to know that he is ok with that. Not "I get so sick of deal with your sh*t!" Because it is our sh*t, not mine and this is what I needed from him.
I really think it helped. He asked if we could pick a night a week and I could let him know how he was doing, we talked about other things as well.
We still haven't figured out how to avoid the huge blow-outs that we have or how to make our marriage "easy" like so many others seem to do. But this was a small accomplishment in the right direstion and that is all I can ask for!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

marraige isn't easy. it sucks. but it is worth it in the end, right? Glad you got a date out, that always makes things better!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear I am not the only one who has a husband like that, nothing is worse then bottled up emotions that BURST.. and its hard on the kids...