Thursday, March 23, 2006

just one of those things i HAVE to post

I am sitting here sobbing. I just came accross a website and have spent the last hour reading and bawling and being touched by these stories. It is a website dedicated to photographers who go in & photograph babies that are dieing or have already died. The stories are heart wrenching. I have print an agrement out so that I could offer my services as well, I can only imagine what it would mean to have those tender moments photographed.

please go and read the stories about the families...click on "people we serve"
http://nowilaymedowntosleep.org/index.cfm

ETA: I was just talking to Justin about this and he questioned if I would even be able to do something like that. I starting thinking about it more. My first thought was back when we were in college a classmate lost a baby, there was nothing to say to her...nothing. I couldn't heal her pain I couldn't comfort her in anyway and I hated that feeling. Helpless.
This is a way to help start the healing process, to help, to serve that is it. That is why and yes I would cry and yes it would be hard BUT to give them something to cherish the rest of their lives, yes I could do that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kellie, I just read through your the NILMDTS web site, and I cant even see through the tears, I cannot imagine going through that, I admire your willingness to want to capture those memories, they are so precious, you have insipred me to want to do the same.. wow.

-kellie
kelliejean16@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I think that is so amazing that you would do that. I wish I could have had you take pictures of my sisters baby last October. They didn't have a good camera and the pictures are tough to look at. You are SO amazing at what you do that I would encourage you to do it. You would have to remove yourself BIG TIME because I know it would be hard on you. You are an amazing and sweet person Kellie!

Angela said...

Kellie, I think you are a fab photographer, however I think you have a special niche with the babies. I think this would be a great gift to give. My friend's wife makes hand molds of babies and she has done it for several babies that has passed on. That is another way to give the family a precious gift. I think it is really neat that you want to help.

Anonymous said...

You are a terrific photographer it would be something that the parents would absolutely treasure. I have pictures of my daughter that was stillborn at 36 weeks. How I would've loved something like those. I do treasure what I have even if its only about 5 or so.

God Bless